Calling all caffeine addicts! This matcha latte is a great way to start your mornings off on the right foot. Matcha is a superfood that is loaded with antioxidants, boosts energy & focus, and contains as much caffeine as a cup of coffee AND the caffeine is slow-releasing so you can say “adios” to those caffeine crashes and jitters! Maca is another superfood grown in the highlands of the Andes mountains. It’s known to help with hormone balance, stress relief, increased fertility, and boosted stamina. Try this easy matcha latte to power through your next busy day!
- 1 tsp. matcha powder
- optional – 1 tsp. maca powder (for a carmel or malt-like flavor)
- 1 heaping tsp. maple syrup
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cashew milk (or your favorite plant-based milk)
- a few ice cubes
- Place the matcha powder, maca powder (if using), maple syrup in a small bowl
- Add boiling water to the mixture – whisk until combined
- Next, pour the matcha mixture over cashew milk (or your favorite plant-based milk) on ice – stir and enjoy!