Get ready for your new favorite fall treat! This dairy-free and gluten-free pumpkin spice cheesecake is to die for. Better yet, you can indulge your sweet tooth without the guilt or stomachache! This cheesecake would be great as a healthy alternative for Thanksgiving dessert! Enjoy.
- 1 box gluten-free graham crackers – cinnamon flavor is great!
- 1/3 c. melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 c. raw cashews – soaked overnight
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin
- 1/2 a lemon’s juice – plus more for more acidity
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar – or other sweetener, i.e. 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 dates – pitted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. nutritional yeast
- Finely crush graham crackers in a food processor while slowly adding the coconut oil
- Grease bottom of cheesecake pan with coconut oil and press the graham cracker mixture to the bottom making sure it’s smooth and equally distributed across the pan – place in freezer while starting the filling
- place the soaked and drained cashews into a high-speed blender along with pumpkin, lemon juice, coconut oil, coconut nectar, pitted dates, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice and nutritional years – blend on high until smooth and creamy
- Taste the filling for flavor – add more coconut nectar or dates for sweetness, pumpkin pie spice for flavor, lemon for acidity
- Pour filling on top of graham cracker crust in cheesecake pan – return to freezer for at least 4 hours to set
- To serve – remove from freezer and allow to thaw partially for at least an hour – then dig in!