Love avocados and sourdough? This is the perfect breakfast recipe for you! Avocados are packed with monounsaturated fatty acids which support a healthy heart while sourdough bread is fermented so it’s great for your gut micro-biome. Garnish with radishes, spinach, and micro-greens for an added crunch!
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- sourdough loaf (or your favorite bread)
- 1 tsp. olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. vegan butter (i.e. Earth Balance)
- 1-2 radishes for (optional)
- spinach for garnish (optional)
- microgreens for garnish (optional)
- preheat oven on broil for 450 degrees
- cut avocado in half and remove seed – scoop out avocado into small bowl along with lemon juice, salt, and pepper – mash until large chunks disappear – set aside
- cut thick slice of bread from sourdough loaf and butter on both sides – broil in oven for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown
- scoop avocado onto slices of toasted bread and top with more salt and pepper to taste, a drizzle of olive oil, sliced radishes, spinach, and/or microgreens – enjoy!