Cold and flu season has arrived! Protect yourself against illness by boosting your immune system with this yummy, refreshing juice. This simple recipe is full of immune boosting ingredients like ginger, turmeric, carrots, and citrus fruits. Ginger and turmeric roots have been used as remedies by many cultures over the centuries due to their medicinal properties. Both are known to be anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiviral in nature. Carrots are antibacterial and antiviral as well, while citrus fruits like oranges and lemons contain powerful antioxidants that keep the immune system healthy. This combination of pathogen-fighting, immune-boosting ingredients will leave you feeling healthy and refreshed. Enjoy this Immunity Juice a few days per week during the winter months to ensure your body is receiving all of the important nutrients it needs to defend you against colds and the flu!
- 2 large carrots
- 4 oranges – peeled
- 1/2 lemon – peeled
- 3 inch piece of ginger root
- 4 inch piece of turmeric root
- Prep your fruits and vegetable by rinsing them to remove any dirt or residual chemicals from farming
- Peel the oranges and lemon to make them easier to juice
- Simply add each ingredient to your juicer one by one – you will need either a centrifugal or slow press juicer for this recipe since you will be extracting juice from root vegetables
- That’s it! Enjoy immediately for optimal nutrient benefits!
*note – this ratio makes one serving of juice (~12 oz.)