This beautiful, vibrant Beet Hummus is both delicious and nutritious. The beets give this dip its bold color and slightly sweet flavor while providing immune-boosting vitamins, important minerals, and lots of fiber. This spread works great as an appetizer for holiday meals or just as a snack to munch on throughout the week. Serve with fresh veggies, crackers, or toasted bread – enjoy!
- 1 lb beets – peeled and cut into 2 in. cubes
- 1/3 c. tahini
- 1/2 c. canned chickpeas – drained
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice – fresh squeezed
- Sea salt – to taste
- Dill – optional for garnish
- Bread, crackers, or veggies – for dipping
- Peel and cube the beets – add to steamer basket and place in saucepan over boiling water – cover with lid and steam for 30-40 minutes over medium heat until the beets are soft enough to puree
- Add the steamed beets, tahini, chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, and sea salt to a food processor and puree until smooth – you may have to use a spoon to scrape the sides partway through blending!
- Top with fresh dill and serve with bread, crackers or veggies – enjoy!