This creamy and spicy Dairy-Free Jalapeño Queso recipe is UNREAL! Who knew dairy-free queso could taste this good?! Nutritional yeast flakes give this dip the ultimate cheesy taste, minus the dairy – best of both worlds! Plus, nutritional yeast flakes yield an array of vitamins and minerals like B-12, iron, fiber, and protein. Pair with your favorite tortilla chips and a margarita!
- 1 cup raw cashews – soaked
- 1 small jalapeño – chopped (2 jalapeños for more heat)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/3 cup filtered water (or more to thin)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
*yields ~ 1 cup queso
- Soak cashews in hot water for at least 3 hours or overnight in the fridge – drain water and add to high speed blender
- Add jalapeño, nutricional yeast, water, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt to the blender with cashews
- Blend on high for ~1 minute or until mixture is smooth and creamy
- Serve immediately with your favorite tortilla chips
- Store in fridge for up to 5 days and warm in saucepan before serving leftovers!