Parmesan is one of my all time favorite flavors and this recipe tastes just like the real deal minus the dairy! It’s full of cashews that are packed with monounsaturated fatty acids which improve heart health and the nutritional yeast is a source of complete proteins and vitamins which is important to include in a wholesome vegan diet. Sprinkle on Creamy Basil Pasta, eggplant or your favorite salad!
- 3/4 c. Cashews
- 3 Tbsp. Nutritional yeast
- 3/4 tsp. Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic powder
- Pulse all ingredients in a food processor for ~ 1 min. or until it resembles parmesan consistency
- Store in fridge for up to 2 weeks – enjoy!
- Yields ~ 1 cup parmesan
- Serving Size: 1 Tbsp. (of 16 Tbsp.)
- Calories: 43, Total Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 89mg, Carbs: 3g, Fiber: 0.6g, Sugars: 0.3g, Protein: 2g, Iron: 0.75mg.