Coconut Yogurt is a great dairy-free alternative to your favorite breakfast parfait or afternoon snack. With only two ingredients, it’s so easy and incredibly delicious! Yogurt is packed with gut-promoting probiotics so you can enjoy this coconut yogurt knowing it’s supporting a healthy belly! Suggested toppings and ad-ins listed below. Enjoy!
- 1 (13.5 oz) can full fat unsweetened coconut milk – I recommend Whole Food’s 365 brand or any smooth, non-lumpy coconut milk
- 2 (30 billion) probiotic capsules – I highly suggest the brand Renew Life Ultimate Flora – can be found at Target or on Amazon
- Maple syrup – to sweeten
- Shredded coconut
- Blueberries or strawberries- muddled or fresh
- Shake coconut milk before opening to combine any separation – open and place in glass container (mason jars work well)
- Use whisk to smooth out clumps
- Next, open probiotic capsules and add probiotic powder to coconut milk
- Stir with wooden or plastic spoon – metal can mess with the probiotic activation
- Place cheesecloth or very thin towel over top of jar and secure with rubber band
- Store yogurt on counter for 24 – 48 hours (48 for more tangy yogurt) wrap in kitchen towel to ensure enough warmth for the probiotic activation – also, don’t worry if your yogurt isn’t as thick as you’d like, the fridge does wonders for thickening
- Remove cheesecloth and tightly seal with lid – place in fridge and wait at least 12 hours to enjoy!
- Yields 1 1/2 cups yogurt
- Serving size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 240, Carbs: 4g, Total Fat: 24g, Saturated Fat: 20g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 50mg, Sugars: 2g, Protein: 1g.