Coconut Yogurt is a great dairy-free alternative to your favorite breakfast parfait or afternoon snack. With only two ingredients, it’s so easy and incredibly delicious! Yogurt is packed with gut-promoting probiotics so you can enjoy this coconut yogurt knowing it’s supporting a healthy belly! Suggested toppings and ad-ins listed below. Enjoy!
- 1 (13.5 oz) can full fat unsweetened coconut milk – I recommend Nature’s Forest or Whole Food’s 365 brand
- 2 (30 billion) probiotic capsules – I highly suggest the brand Renew Life Ultimate Flora – can be found at Target or on Amazon
- Maple syrup – to sweeten
- Shredded coconut
- Blueberries or strawberries- muddled or fresh
- Shake coconut milk before opening to combine any separation – open and place in glass container (mason jars work well)
- Use whisk to smooth out clumps
- Next, open probiotic capsules and add probiotic powder to coconut milk
- Stir with wooden or plastic spoon – metal can mess with the probiotic activation
- Place cheesecloth or very thin towel over top of container and secure with rubber band
- Store yogurt on your counter for ~ 48 hours – don’t worry if your yogurt isn’t as thick as you’d like, the fridge does wonders for thickening
- Remove cheesecloth and tightly seal with lid – place in fridge and wait at least 12 hours to enjoy!