THE BEST Basil Pesto recipe is here! It’s full of basil, garlic, olive oil, and Vegan Parmesan so it’s 100% dairy-free. Serve with a bed of sautéed veggies, as a salad dressing, or on top of our Plantain Gnocchi!
- 3 cups basil – stems removed
- 1/3 cup Vegan Parmesan
- 2 cloves fresh garlic – minced
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- optional – pinch of red pepper flakes
- Add basil, parm, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and pine nuts to food processor or blender – season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes if using
- Pulse/Blend until combined and coarsely chopped – then slowly drizzle in olive oil while blending on low speed
- Refrigerate for at least one hour to boost flavor – store for up to 7 days
- Yields ~1 cup pesto
- Serving size: 1 Tbsp (of 16 tbsp.)
- Calories: 45, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 0g, Carbs: 2g, Sugar: 0, Sodium: 32mg, Fiber 0g, Protein: 0.8g.