This strawberry jam recipe uses only four ingredients and it’s so easy to make! It’s packed with antioxidants from the strawberries and the chia seeds are a source of complete protein! Spread this delicious jam on toast or swirl into overnight oats, it’s guaranteed to take you back to your childhood.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- Once strawberries are thawed, add to small saucepan over medium heat
- Mash until the strawberries are a saucy consistency – then add maple syrup or honey and vanilla extract
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly – add chia seeds to the mixture and incorporate well
- Allow mixture to cool to room temperature – place in refrigerator to set for at least one hour – Enjoy!
*Yields ~1 cup jam