Tzatziki is a Greek yogurt-based sauce that is typically paired with Gyros and Falafels. It’s filled with fresh and flavorful spices like dill and mint which perfectly complement the coconut yogurt and chopped english cucumber! Tzatziki makes for a yummy veggie dip or as a sauce to falafels.
- 1 1/2 cups Coconut Yogurt
- 1 english cucumber
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill – chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh mint – chopped
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt (or more to taste)
- black pepper to taste
- Prepare coconut yogurt – follow link above or used store-bought coconut yogurt – place into medium mixing bowl
- Finely chop or shred cucumber – remove excess water with paper towel and place into yogurt
- Place lemon juice, garlic, fresh dill, fresh mint, sea salt, and pepper into yogurt mixture – mix with wooden spoon until well combined
- Add salt and pepper to taste – store in mason jar or sealable container for up to 5 days in the fridge – enjoy!
*Yields ~ 2 cups Tzatziki